A Petroleum Event Designed for Current and Prospective Owners
August 3-4, 2017 in Grapevine, TX
“The comfort and solidarity of knowing there are others facing the same family challenges was so valuable. I gained 10+ ideas that will translate to at least $200,000.”
In today’s ever changing petroleum business, it’s not like it was years ago. It’s more complex and any owner in the industry faces numerous challenges. Whether you are expected to follow in the family footsteps, already in the business or entertaining the possibility of entering a petroleum business, Meridian can help you understand challenges you may face with:
- Family relationships
- Lack of respect from people who knew you when you were younger
- Communication breakdowns within your family or older staff
- Lack of financial experience which may cause people to question your decisions
- Skeptical bankers, suppliers or even other family
- Ideas about growth, risk, culture and vision that may collide with current views
Join Meridian in this special two-day event customized specifically for possible future owners at the request of our CEO Exchange attendees. What a great compliment for Meridian to be asked to prepare the next generation. Meridian has planned these customized and powerful strategic sessions for you:
- Tracking What Matters – Understand the pulse of your family business including what benchmarks to watch and what to ignore, so you can be instrumental in keeping the ship on course.
- Crucial Conversations – How to deal with parents, siblings and long term employees when things aren’t going well in a manner so respectful they will work with you to create change.
- Getting Buy-In for Constructive Change – Learn proven techniques to present your ideas so they are easily accepted, approved and implemented.
- Employment versus Ownership – Defining roles and adhering to best practices.
- Leadership Strengths Assessment – The best leaders have full understanding of their strengths and weaknesses, playing to their strengths and bolstering weaknesses with staff allies. Get a full objective understanding of what you bring to the business so you can be more effective.
- Success Huddles – Share your concerns with others in similar situations and get answers to your toughest challenges.
- Networking Meals – Informally mix and compare notes with other future owners. This time to network is invaluable and you will form a great group of friends that you may call upon throughout the years.
“The material was great, but the best was the time spent with other marketers facing the same struggles as me.”
Avery Oil and Propane, Inc.
Event Time Schedule:
Wednesday, August 2, 2017 – Arrive DFW in time for non-hosted mixer in the lounge starting at 6:00pm
Thursday, August 3, 2017 – Full Breakfast and meeting kicks off at 7:30am
Friday, August 4, 2017 – Full Breakfast and meeting kick off at 7:30am. Concluded 3:00pm.
- The next generation who has already entered the family business
- The next generation who plans to enter the family business
- Those thinking of entering a family business
The financial side of managing people was great. I gained 4 solid ideas worth at least $500,000.”
Sibley Oil Company
For questions call 800-728-9005
“Being able to assess myself and my strengths to become a more effective leader was the highlight.”
Meridian Associates Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org. Click here for additional CPE details.